How to score 30+ marks in quant section in SBI PO prelims.
Scoring 30+ marks in quant section in preliminary exam of SBI PO is not difficult if we prepare and practice well. Now-a-days, the cut-off of preliminary exam is increasing of around 5-10 marks every year. If we score 30+ marks in quant section it is very very easy to clear prelims exam of SBI PO easily, even if we score decent marks in English and Reasoning section.
How to score 30+ marks in quant section in SBI PO prelims ?. The strategy to score 30+ marks in quant section in SBI PO prelims can be divided into two forms.
1. Preparation before exam.
2. Execution in exam.
Preparation before exam
The syllabus of quant section usually asked in preliminary exam consists of
1. Missing or Wrong Number Series.
2. Quadratic Equations / Simplification.
3. Data Interpretation.
4. Data Sufficiency
5. Miscellaneous Questions ( Time and Work, Time Speed and Distance, Boats and Streams, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Mixtures and Allegations, Problems on Ages, Partnership, Averages, Mensuration etc.)
1. Number Series Questions — Usually we will get 5 questions in this topic. It is easy to attempt 3 questions, 2 questions might be difficult or time consuming. Practice different types of questions on number series so that we can attempt all the questions easily within less time. Whenever we see a new pattern question make a note of it and revise it before exam. Never make a mistake in number series, if we want to score 30+ marks in quant section.
2. Quadratic equations — We will get 5 questions in this topic. It is easy to attempt all the questions if we know the concept. Practice more questions so that we will answer in 2 minutes with 100% accuracy.
Simplications — Normally simplification will not be asked in SBI PO exam. In case if it is asked, it is easy to attempt all the questions. Practice more so that we will answer with 100% accuracy.
3. Data Interpretation — The weightage of data interpretation topic is around 15-20 marks. If we want to score high in data interpretation we want to increase speed in basic calculation to the level of mind calculation. Practice atleast 100 types of data interpretation sets so that we will come across different types of questions and it also increases our speed. Practice more so that we will answer all the questions with 100 % accuracy in 10 minutes. Never leave a question in data interpretation if we want to score 30+ marks in quant section.
Note : It is better to attempt data interpretation compared to miscellaneous type of questions. Don’t attempt caselet type of question in data interpretation in prelims exam as it is time consuming compared to miscellaneous types of questions.
4. Miscellaneous Questions — Normally we will get 10 questions in this topic. Learn the concept of respective miscellaneous topics and start attempting questions. The more questions we practice, the faster we will answer the questions. If we want score high in miscellaneous questions in the exam, attempt the questions in the ascending order of time consuming. Usually attempt this topic at the end of the quant section. Give atleast 5-6 minutes on this topic in exam, try to attempt 6-7 questions in 5-6 minutes in this topic. It is important to choose questions in this topic as some questions are time consuming.
My order of preference in this topic is Time and Work, Boats and Streams, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Mixtures and Allegations, Time Speed and Distance, Profit and Loss, Problems on Ages, Partnership, Averages, Mensuration etc.
Note : It is my own order of preference, select your own based on your strength in the respective concept.
5. Data sufficiency — This is the new section now-a-days asked in preliminary exam in PO exams. If we know the miscellaneous topics well we can attempt it easily. This is similar to miscellaneous topics. It is better to follow the same order of preference applied in miscellaneous topics in this topic also.
Execution in exam :
Whatever we plan and practice is all for to execute in the exam. We need to execute the plan in exam in order to achieve 30+ marks in quant section of prelims exam in SBI PO.
How to execute ?
|TOPICS||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||ATTEMPTS WITH 100% ACCURACY||TIME IN MINUTES|
|QUADRATIC EQUATIONS / SIMPLIFICATIONS||5||5||2|
|MISCELLANEOUS QUESTIONS / DATA SUFFICIENCY||10||7||6|
How to achieve the above the execution plan ?
1. Attempt one test daily so that the speed will increase and this also make us analyse our mistakes, where we are taking more time etc.
2. Make a notes of your mistakes in mock test and review it before exam so that we will not repeat the mistake in the main exam.
3. Don’t spend time on any new or unfamiliar or difficult question in exam.
4. Attempt mock test daily ….. attempt mock test daily…. attempt mock test daily.
All the best Guys……….